- ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
- CARD SECURITY
Helping you to stay safe
Fraud is committed when criminals use your personal information to access your bank accounts, obtain loans, make purchases, rent an apartment in your name, get a job, get medical services, or otherwise use your identity for their own purposes.
We have you covered
You have Zero Fraud Liability1 which means you are not responsible for unauthorized transactions to your account. We’re helping to protect your account by actively monitoring for fraud 24 hours a day.
How we protect you:
- Our dedicated security teams are always on guard to anticipate, address and help prevent security threats.
- 24/7 surveillance and security systems strictly control access to all of our facilities.
- Our systems will automatically log you out of your account after 15 minutes of inactivity, reducing the risk of unauthorized access to your account from an unattended computer.
- Our mobile applications (for smart phones, iPads and other mobile devices) will automatically log you out after 5 minutes of inactivity. This shortened log-off period helps reduce risk from unauthorized access to your account if your mobile device is lost or stolen.
- We encrypt your confidential banking data to protect it on enroute to and from our servers.
- We monitor payment channels for suspicious transactions to detect fraud.
Additional information on how to protect against fraud
Never reply to emails, phone calls, or text messages that request your personal information.
Criminals may pretend they’re your bank, particularly after a high-profile data breach. We will never contact you by phone or email to ask for your account numbers, Personal Identification Numbers (PIN), or any other confidential information. We only ask you for confidential information to verify your identity when you initiate contact with us. To contact us by phone, dial the number on the back of your card or on your account statement.
Know the truth about cyber criminals.
Threats to personal information are persistent and increasing in the United States. High-profile events are a good reminder to always vigilantly protect your information. We promise to do the same through our sophisticated fraud monitoring tools.